Roll out the wrap and play an active part in the war on plastic consumption by switching to new WaxWrap – a sustainable re-useable beeswax wrap designed to keep food super fresh, without resorting to the dreaded cling film that pollutes the waterways of the world and poisons our wild and marine life.* Performs as well if not better** than cling film and in comparison to most waxed wrap products, comes in a handy bag, pre-cut sheets and on-a-roll format, creating a convenient and viable alternative to disposable cling film.
WaxWrap contains organic certified ingredients and the production process behind these wonder wraps meets rigorous environmental and social standards***, making them a safe and responsible choice for the home. In addition, the full range of products is approved by The Vegetarian Society. In contrast to cling film, WaxWrap is made from just four natural materials: organic cotton, organic Jojoba oil, pine resin and beeswax, allowing food to breathe the way nature intended.
In addition, unlike single use plastic, WaxWrap is:
- Incredibly malleable
- Thick and rigid enough to take form around the most unusual shapes whilst still creating a secure seal
- Won’t leach toxins into food and drink
- Totally re-useable and suitable for the safe storage of a wide range of foods
- Good for your housekeeping budget, saving you money in the long-term
- Safer and won’t pollute the oceans, kill marine animals and birds or enter the food chain
- Easy to use (no more fiddling with flimsy clingfilm) – and easy on the eye thanks to the selection of bright designs
- A positive step towards a Zero-Waste lifestyle
Using a roll? Simply cut the wrap to the desired size and shape, then use it to top bowls and plates of leftovers, as well as wrap odd-shaped items.
WaxWrap bags are the ideal partner for packed lunches and picnics, as well as storing salad leaves, fresh herbs and vegetables, whilst the pre-cut sheets remain a firm favourite for super speedy food storage.
Once used, WaxWrap can be washed using cold water and washing up liquid, then patted dry with a clean towel. They can be washed over and over and if used correctly should last for around a year (or approx. 200 times). What’s more, when the wrap comes to the end of its long and happy life, it’s completely compostable so, can even be used as an eco-firelighter.
WaxWrap is available in a range of five products:
Waxed Cotton Food Rolls in a choice of three sizes:
- Small: 20x120cm RRP £12
- Medium: 30x150cm RRP £16
- Large: 40x200cm RRP £20
Waxed Cotton Food Bags in a set of three, RRP £22.50
(Small 21x31cm, Medium 25x31cm, Large 32x31cm)
Waxed Cotton Food Wraps in a set of three, RRP £16 (Small 20x20cm, Medium 30x30cm, Large 40x40cm)